With the magitek field now out of commission, the path to the Ultima Weapon lies open. While the Immortal Flames sweep Castrum Meridianum and suppress the remnants of the enemy garrison, you and your comrades must fight your way to the innermost sector of the Praetorium, there to locate and destroy the Ultima Weapon. Cid's airship, the Enterprise, will bear you to the stage of the final confrontation.
— In-game description
- As of patch 4.2, to ensure new players are able to enjoy the cutscenes in Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium, all cutscenes in these dungeons can no longer be skipped. Because this will increase the time required to complete these dungeons, completion rewards and Duty Roulette bonuses for these duties have been increased.
Because the dungeon is tuned for the minimum item level of 42, but only synced to level 50 (effective item level 130), it is speed-run as fast as possible. Most mechanics are skipped, and all the enemies that can be are pulled at once.
- Imperial Identification Key: 0
- Secure the command chamber: 0/1
- Make for the Laboratorium Primum: 0/1
- Power and board magitek armor: 0/1
- Defeat Nero tol Scaeva: 0/1
- Defeat Gaius van Baelsar: 0/1
- Defeat the Ultima Weapon: 0/1
- Defeat Lahabrea: 0/1
All non-tank players should be behind the boss. Players should avoid the Magitek Ray ability. This fight is a simple tank and spank.
- Grand Sword is an instant frontal attack that deals a moderate amount of damage.
- Exhaust is an instant frontal attack that deals a small amount of damage and knocks its target back.
- Magitek Ray is a circular AoE attack that targets a random player. All players caught in the AoE will take moderate amount of damage and become inflicted with the debuff Burns.
- Overheat is a buff that increases Mark II Magitek Colossus' damage.
The boss room is surrounded by an electrical field. While in the electrical field, players will take damage over time. All non-tank players should not be in front of Nero tol Scaeva. Ranged damage dealers and healers should stay out of the melee range. Occasionally, Magitek Death Claw add will spawn. A purple line connects the claw to a random player. The targeted player should move away from the Death Claw while rest of the players should kill the claw as soon as possible. If the claw reaches the targeted player, the player will be knocked into the electrical field.
- Spine Shatter is an instant melee attack that deals a small amount of damage.
- Sideswing is an instant frontal attack that deals damage to all players in front of the Nero tol Scaeva.
- Wheel of Suffering is an instant attack that deals damage to all players near the boss.
- Iron Uprising is an instant frontal attack that deals a moderate amount of damage to all players in front of Nero tol Scaeva and knocks them back.
- Augmented Shatter is an instant attack that deals a moderate amount of damage to one random player. When performing this attack, Nero tol Scaeva leaps into air and strikes the ground with its hammer.
- Augmented Uprising is a frontal AoE attack that deals a moderate amount of damage and inflicts the debuff Heavy to all players hit. Additionally, this ability knocks all players backward.
- Augmented Suffering is an circular AoE attack that deals moderate amount of damage, inflicts the debuff Heavy and knocks back all players around the boss.
- Magitek Death Claw targets one player with a purple line. If the claw reaches the targeted player, that player will be knocked into the electrical field.
- Targeted player should run away from the claw while rest of the players should kill it.
Players should spread out to avoid Gaius' Hand of the Empire. Non-tank players should not be in front of the boss. At 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 HP, flaming blue circles will appear on the ground. Players should move and stay out of the circles because they do damage to anyone in them. Players should also avoid his Blue X ability called Terminus Est. When the flaming blue X appears, move out of its way.
- Innocence is an instant frontal cleave attack that deals a moderate amount of damage to all players hit.
- Sentence is an instant attack that knocks back a random player.
- Heirsbane is an instant attack that deals a moderate amount of damage to a random player.
- Hand of the Empire is an instant attack that unleashes a blue ball of flame at a random player. That player and all players around will take small amount of damage.
- Terminus Est is a blue, flaming X that appears. After a few seconds, a blast comes from the X dealing heavy amount of damage to all players in its path.
- Judgment stuns a random player and spawns a circular AoE ground indicator around him or her. After a few seconds all players within the ground indicator will take moderate amount of damage.
During the beginning of the Ultima Weapon fight, you cannot harm the boss as it has a buff that reduces all damage to single digits. Healers should therefore be careful as tanks will be unable to hold aggro compared to that generated by any healing. After a short while, or a certain amount of damage (it is unclear), the boss will lose the buffs and can be dealt with as normal. A tank should Provoke as soon as this happens to establish a firm aggro lead.
There will be a cutscene before a second phase of the fight, but its abilities are largely the same. There is a DPS check but it is trivial with ilevel 130.
- Garuda is an narrow donut around the arena edge for moderate damage.
- Titan is an ring of circular AoEs around the arena edge, followed by four circle AoEs covering the center of the arena.
- Ifrit is an point-blank AoE centered in the arena.
- Ultima Weapon also has a line AoE, a point-blank AoE, and a raidwide.
Phase 2 also has:
- Magitek Bits spawn in pairs and target random players with cross-arena line AoEs for moderate damage.
- Periodically a gunship will crash on a proximity marker for high damage. Move away to mitigate this.
- Occasionally a large glowing ball shoots slowly from Ultima Weapon towards a marked player before exploding in a point-blank AoE.
- Ultima at low health, the boss disappears briefly before returning to start slow-casting the enrage attack. This is the DPS check, but it is extremely lenient.
Lahabrea is a straight forward fight. Players should avoid the dark pools spawned by Sea of Pitch if possible. He will also cast Shadow Flare, which players can interrupt.
- Dark Orb is an instant spell that deals a small amount of damage to a random player.
- Grip of Night is an instant ability that deals a small amount of damage to all players near Lahabrea.
- Sea of Pitch is an ability that spawns 4 dark circles in the boss room. Moving over the circles will cause an explosion that deals a moderate amount of damage to all players caught.
- Shadow Flare is an ability that deals a moderate amount of damage to all players.