The Limitless Blue (Extreme)
- This article is about the level 60 challenge-mode trial. For the story-mode Main Scenario trial, see The Limitless Blue (Hard).
The Limitless Blue (Extreme)
- Party size
- Full Party
8 man • 2 2 4
- Time limit
- 60 minutes
- Duty Finder
- High-end Trials (Heavensward)
- Req. quest
- The Diabolical Bismarck
- The Sea of Clouds (X:29.8, Y:27.5, Z:3.7)
- The Limitless Blue
- Abalathia's Spine
- Stone, Sky, Sea
- The Echo
- On wipe: +5% (max +25%)
As is all too often the case, a primal you felled has once again been summoned. According to Unukalhai, the stakes are even higher this time, as Bismarck's reappearance threatens to hasten the awakening of the Warring Triad─three eikons sealed within the Aetherochemical Research Facility on Azys Lla. Fortunately, you have developed a sound method for slaying flying feathered whales. The Enterprise Excelsior and your island await.
— In-game description
Lord of the Mists: Bismarck
Before you start the encounter you will need to assign 2 players (usually the healers) to do the cannons, just like in Hard. You should also assign another player (usually a ranged) to do the shield. The shield is only used during Phase 1 and is used at the same time as it is during Hard.
When you are on Bismarck, you gain a stacking debuff that increases the amount of damage done to you while aboard Bismarck. You should not go over 3 stacks. Unlike on Hard, you must leave Bismarck when he shudders or you'll be thrown off away from the island.
This phase is the same as Hard version. Bismarck will start by hitting the island and spawning 2 enemies, a melee and a ranged. DPS down both enemies, they should be killed before you're able to board Bismarck.
When the Dragonkillers are ready to be fired, use them and board Bismarck. In order to meet the DPS requirement, you should be killing the carapace the first time.
- Kill adds
- Use cooldowns on Carapace
This is the major DPS check part of the fight. The two dragons So'Suwa and Ul'Sanuwa will spawn. They must be tanked away from each other.
Tornadoes and AoE will also spawn, avoid these.
Both enemies will do an ability called Dead Wind and Dead Water that is raid-wide AoE and applies 1 of 2 debuffs to each player. The debuff will apply to 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps. Look at the colour of your debuff and attack the enemy with the opposite colour. As with Hard version, you do NOT need to kill these at the same time, instead you are given a strict amount of time to kill them. You should use LB1 to help you down them.
The debuff on the tanks may also change, so they need to get ready to provoke and swap places with the other tank if needed. The enemies should not move in order to maximize DPS.
- Blue buff = Will of the Water, attack green enemy.
- Green buff = Will of the Wind, attack blue enemy.
- Dodge tornadoes and AoE.
- Use LB1 when you have it.
- Tanks need to swap places if their debuff changes.
- They will do 3 Dead Wind/Water until Bismarck does his Ultimate.
This phase will repeat until either Bismarck is down or the Island is destroyed. There is no shield in this phase.
Three enemies will spawn, two small adds from Phase 1 and a bigger add called Nai'maii Vendu. There are 2 tactics to doing this phase.
- Kill the range add first
- Kill the melee add second (small add)
- Do as much damage on Nai as possible until you can board Bismarck.
- Kill Nai first
- Kill range add second
- Damage melee add as much as possible until you can board Bismarck.
My group personally preferred Tactic 2, but either is fine. The tank and a healer should stay on the Island to dps down the remaining enemy while everyone else is damaging Bismarck.
- If Nai is still alive after boarding Bismarck, he will run to the center and do an AoE every 10 seconds that damages the island, it is important to kill him before he can do this too much.
Just like in Hard, there is a weather mechanic during Phase 3.
- Wind: Clouds will be a dark yellow and it will be raining. There will be an AoE knockback from the center of the island. All players should run to the center or they will be knocked off, then run back to the center for an AoE covering the island except the center.
- Water: Clouds almost clear. Stay away from the center as there will be splash damage that causes Vuln Up, you should also kill the Vapor Bubbles during this time.
- Thunder: Clouds will be purple. 3 random players will receive 2 thunder attacks, the first deals average damage, the second attack will deal massive damage that the Vapor Bubbles will consume. Do NOT kill the Vapor Bubbles during this time.
- Before boarding Bismarck again, make sure your stacking debuff has run out, otherwise you will die from too much damage.
Repeat this phase several times, and use LB3 on the target when available and you'll have Bismarck down in no time.
- See also: Expanse Weapons
- Each player will receive 1 Expanse Totem per kill. Collect 10 totems to exchange for a weapon or 99 for a White Lanner Whistle at Bertana in Idyllshire (X:5.9 Y:5.2).
- 15 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics
- Bismarck Card (Drops at a fixed rate.)
- Bismarck's Baleen Drops directly from boss, must be synced
|Paladin's Expanse Arms (IL 175)||Other||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Battleaxe||Marauder's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Greatsword||Dark Knight's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Partisan||Lancer's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Patas||Pugilist's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Katana||Samurai's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Machetes||Rogue's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Longbow||Archer's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Handgonne||Machinist's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Longpole||Two-handed Thaumaturge's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Grimoire||Arcanist's Grimoire||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Rapier||Red Mage's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Cane||Two-handed Conjurer's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Codex||Scholar's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Astrometer||Astrologian's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|Expanse Baleen||Crafting material||Basic||1|
|Expanse Weapon Coffer (IL 175)||Other||Basic||1|
|White Lanner Whistle||Other||Basic||1|
|Faded Copy of Limitless Blue||Orchestrion Roll||Basic||1|
|Faded Copy of Woe That Is Madness||Orchestrion Roll||Basic||1|
This duty is associated with the following achievements:
|Limitless||10||Defeat Bismarck in the Limitless Blue (Extreme).||-||3.0|
|Mightier than the Expanse||5||Complete the Limitless Blue (Extreme) with a party of only blue mages, Silence Echo turned on, and Unrestricted Party turned off.||-||5.15|