Job Gauge refers either to an user interface element that is used to track Job's specific resources or to resource itself. This includes, but is not limited, to:
- Elements used to track uptime of Job's specific buffs. For example Dark Knight's Darkside or Ninja's Huton.
- Elements used to track numerical value (usually 0 to 100) of available resources. For example Paladin's Shield Oath or Samurai's Kenki.
- Elements used to track number of available stacks (usually 0 to 3) of specific Job Gauge. For example White Mage's lilies or Scholar's Aetherflow.
Multiple resources can be shown in a single UI element, for example Sage's Addersgall gauge shows progress bar for replenishing Addersgall, current amount of Addersgall stacks and current amount of Addersting stacks.
Some gauges can be unevenly split into multiple UI elements, for example Samurai has 3 resources - Sen, Kenki and Meditation stacks. Sen has individual UI element, while Kenki and Meditation stacks share the same UI element.
Simple Job Gauge
Simple Job Gauges are simplified version of the original UI element. They contain same information as the original, but they do not have unnecessary graphical components, like background images or overwhelming animations. Simplified Job Gauges of different Jobs often look very similar if they work on similar basis. For example, simplified version of White Mage's lilies and blood lilies is nearly identical to Sage's Addersgall and Addersting, while their original version are easily distinguishable because of their very distinct graphical design.
Switching between Normal/Simple Modes
You can switch between the normal and simple versions of the Job Gauge display through the individual HUD layout options.
- You will need to be on the job you want to change your Job Gauge.
You can also switch between the two versions using the following text command:
If there are more Job Gauges available, assign a number to switch the specific Job Gauge display:
For Samurai, Job Gauge 1 is the Kenki gauge, and 2 is the Sen gauge.
If Job has multiple UI elements, you can mix and match them however you want. You can use simplified Kenki gauge while simultaneously use normal Sen gauge or any other combination.
Settings for both styles of Job Gauges are saved on the HUD layouts 1 through 4 individually, so you can switch between all sorts of modes as you like.
All Tanks have gauges that change their design to reflect whether they have their respective tank stance active.
- Oath is charged by auto-attacks. Auto-attack for Paladin occurs every 2.24 seconds, meaning it takes 44.8 seconds to charge gauge from 0 to 100. The accumulated Oath can then be consumed for Sheltron, Holy Sheltron, Intervention or Cover.
- Whether tank stance Iron Will is active is indicated by golden background picture in normal gauge, or by small symbol on the left of the gauge in simplified version.
- Beast gauge charges by using most of the regular weaponskills and by ability Infuriate. Gauge can be spend for heavy hitting attacks like Fell Cleave.
- Whether tank stance Defiance is active is indicated by background picture in normal gauge, or by small symbol on the left of the gauge in simplified version.
- Charged using weaponskills Souleater or Stalwart Soul. Gauge can be spent on Living Shadow, Bloodspiller or Quietus. Using Delirium provides 3 stacks, which can be used for Bloodspiller or Quietus without using up Blood Gauge.
- Whether tank stance Grit is active is indicated by glow and animation of picture on the left side in normal gauge, or by small symbol on the left of the gauge in simplified version.
- Shows remaining duration of Darkside.
- Shows whether Dark Arts is available.
- Show remaining duration of Living Shadow.
- Single Cartridge is gained by finishing basic combo. 3 Cartridges are gained by using Bloodfest (only 2 at lower levels).
- Cartridges can be spent on damage-oriented abilities. Burst Strike and Gnashing Fang cost 1 Cartridge, while Double Down costs 2 Cartridges.
- Whether tank stance Royal Guard is active is indicated by red pulsating symbol, or by small symbol on the left of the gauge in simplified version.
- Every 20 seconds in combat, White Mage will gain a lily and they may hold up to 3 at any time. Lilies can be spent on the spells Afflatus Solace and Afflatus Rapture.
- Each spent lily will give you blood lily. After getting 3 blood lilies, you can execute Afflatus Misery.
- Scholar gets 3 Aetherflow stacks by using ability Aetherflow or Dissipation. Aetherflow stacks are used for abilities Lustrate, Indomitability, Excogitation, Sacred Soil and Energy Drain.
- Cost of Aetherflow stack can be nullified using Recitation, but only for Indomitability and Excogitation
- Every skill which requires Aetherflow stack to execute also grants 10 Fae Aether, but only under condition that any of your Faerie is also currently summoned.
- Fae Aether is used by Aetherpact, which continuously drains the gauge.
- Tracks currently held card (Arcana) on the left.
- Tracks currently held Minor Arcana on the right.
- 3 icons on top track previously used Arcana cards. Lunar sign (halfmoon symbol) gained from cards The Arrow and The Ewer, Celestial sign (circle symbol) gained from cards The Spear and The Spire and Solar sign (sun symbol) gained from cards The Balance and The Bole. Your goal is to get collect 3 ideally distinct symbols, in order to receive better buffs from using Astrodyne.
- Indicates whether you are able to execute special Eukrasian abilities. For example, without Eukrasia active, Diagnosis has only weak healing effect. With Eukrasia active, it changes to Eukrasian Diagnosis, which additionally erects barrier on target.
- Addersgall charges passively every 30 seconds, with maximum of 3 stacks. Additionaly, one stack can be gained from ability Rhizomata. Addersgall can be used for healing abilities. Each of those abilities additionally restore 700 MP, meaning that usage of this gauge helps with regaining mana.
- Addersting stack is gained whenever barrier created by Eukrasian Diagnosis is destroyed. Addersting can be used to execute Toxikon and Toxikon II.
- Tracks stacks of the First Brood's Gaze, which is gained by executing High Jump (Jump on lower levels), followed by Mirage Dive. Once the First Brood's Gaze reaches its maximum level, the Dragoon can execute Geirskogul to gain Life of the Dragon. While under the this effect, Geirskogul changes to more potent Nastrond, which can be used every 10 seconds.
- Charged by executing weaponskills and by ability Meisui. Can be used for Hellfrog Medium, Bhavacakra, and Bunshin.
- Tracks remaining time of Huton. You gain buff by executing Huton mudra and then upkeep it using Armor Crush for single target, or Hakke Mujinsatsu for AoE. Huraijin should be used only as last resort.
- Kenki gauge is gained through executing most regular weaponskills or with ability Ikishoten. Kenki can be spent for Hissatsu abilities.
- Meditation gauge requires 3 Meditation stacks in order to execute Shoha or Shoha II. Meditation stacks can be gained by executing Iaijutsu moves, Ogi Namikiri or by ability Meditation.
- Tracks the three Sen (Setsu, Getsu, and Ka) that Samurai can acquire by executing combos ending with weaponskills Yukikaze, Gekko and Kasha respectively. Sen allows you to execute Iaijutsu actions. Type of actions depends on current amount of Sen - single Sen for Higanbana, 2 Sen for Tenka Goken and 3 Sen for Midare Setsugekka.
- When you learn the trait Soul Gauge, the Soul Gauge will be displayed, indicating the number of Souls you have accumulated. Souls are accumulated upon executing certain weaponskills and by defeating enemies who fall under the effects of Death's Design from the action Shadow of Death. Souls can be used to execute Blood Stalk, Grim Swathe (acquired at level 55), and Gluttony (acquired at level 76).
- Upon learning the trait Shroud Gauge, the Shroud Gauge will be displayed, indicating the number of Shrouds you have accumulated. Shrouds are acquired by executing certain weaponskills, and can be used to execute Enshroud.
- When you learn the trait 'Shroud Gauge', the duration of Enshrouded and the stacks of 'Lemure Shroud' will be displayed. 'Lemure Shroud' stacks can be used to execute several actions such as Void Reaping and Communio (acquired at level 90).
- When you learn the trait Enhanced Shroud, Void Shroud will be gained when stacks of Lemure Shroud are used. These can be used to execute several actions such as Lemure's Slice and Lemure's Scythe.
Physical Ranged DPS
- Appears whilst singing Mage's Ballad, Army's Paeon, or The Wanderer's Minuet, and displays a timer that tracks the remaining duration of the song.
- Series of musical notes or arrowheads appear when using Army's Paeon or The Wanderer's Minuet respectively. Whenever a Repertoire is triggered (which has random chance every 3 seconds), these symbols will light up, granting the following effects;
- For each note of Army's Paeon that is lit up, the Bard's weaponskills and spells are cast faster and have shorter recast times, and auto attacks are faster.
- For each note of The Wanderer's Minuet that is lit up, the potency of the new Pitch Perfect skill is increased.
- For each note of Mage's Ballad that is lit up, recast time of both Bloodletter and Rain of Death reduces by 7.5 seconds.
- The Ammunition tracks how many special rounds the Machinist has loaded.
- The Heat is only available whilst using Gauss Barrel, and pushing the Heat Gauge to maximum causes the Machinist's weapon to overheat. This increases weapon power for a short time, then renders the weapon unusable for a short time. At higher levels, the Machinist has access to special Heated versions of the three basic weaponskills, further increasing damage whilst the Heat Gauge is within a certain range; careful heat management is required for maximum firepower.
- Displays specific dance moves that need to be executed in shown order to successfully complete dance (either Standard Step or Technical Step). If Dancer is currently not in dance mode, gauge shows remaining time of the Standard Finish.
- Tracks Esprit, which is used to execute Saber Dance.
- Tracks amount of Fourfold Feathers, which are used for Fan Dance and Fan Dance II.
Magical Ranged DPS
- Tracks level of Astral Fire or Umbral Ice.
- Tracks number of Umbral Hearts (3 gained by casting Blizzard IV or Freeze, 1 with each cast of Umbral Soul). Umbral Hearts reduce the cost of fire spells when in Astral Fire and are spent when casting fire spells (Flare instantly spends all remaining hearts). Losing Enochian removes all Umbral Hearts.
- Enochian timer and status. Enochian is activated whenever Astral Fire or Umbral Ice is entered and is lost when neither Astral Fire or Umbral Ice is active.
- Tracks number of Polyglots (spent to cast Foul or Xenoglossy). Polyglots are gained every 30 seconds Enochian is active or by using Amplifier.
- Tracks charge of Paradox.
- Tracks Aethertrail Attunement level. When fully charged, the Summoner may enter the Dreadwyrm Trance.
- The Trance Gauge has three functions. First, it tracks Dreadwyrm Aether. Second, it tracks the current duration of the Dreadwyrm Trance. Finally, after summoning Demi-Bahamut, the gauge indicates the remaining time before Demi-Bahamut disappears.
- Tracks current amount of black and white mana
- If the two manas are in great imbalance, crystal on top will start glowing with dominant element, making balancing manas harder.
- When both kinds of mana are charged up, certain melee attacks are Enchanted, and will deal significantly increased damage.
- After executing enchanted melee attack, you gain Mana stack. At 3 stacks, you are able to execute Verflare and Verholy.