Artifact armor are job-specific armor sets available at current and former level caps. They are elaborate, iconic sets meant to represent the respective job in each expansion. Players will acquire the first set of artifact armor for their job upon reaching level 50 and completing their Job Quests. It is the first set of Tomestone rarity gear players have access to.
Relic rarity weapons and gear are not Artifact Armor even if they share appearances. Relic gear is a completely separate very grind-focused activity for primarily cosmetic rewards, whereas artifact gear is normally given freely to the player and used as as starting point for acquiring Endgame gear.
A Realm Reborn
Players can get the Augmented Artifact Armor after completing the quest Simply to Dye For and then trading crafted upgrade items to Kakalan in Mor Dhona (X:22.3 Y:5.6). Augmented versions of AF armor allow the players to Dye them into different colors, but otherwise have the same stats. The visually matching set of signature weapons are the Relic rarity Zodiac Weapons. There are no Artifact Weapons for A Realm Reborn. This set can be reacquired at a Calamity Salvager, and is the only set storable in the Armoire (but not if Augmented).
Note: Mythology Armor is also on the level 50 Job quest in a coffer as of Patch 4.0 and the release of Stormblood, but this is former tomestone gear and not artifact gear and cannot be made dyable or re-bought at a Calamity Salvager.
- Main article: Artifact Armor (A Realm Reborn) (i50)
- Main article: Militia Gear (i50)
In Heavensward, the Artifact Gear was originally purchasable for Allagan Tomestone of Esoterics and made dyable via the normal tomestone gear augmenting process. When Esoterics were retired in Patch 3.4, the entire set was moved to Yolaine in Foundation (X:13.0 Y:11.8) for Centurio Seals. With Patch 4.0 and the release of Stormblood, the armor only was added to the level 60 Job Quests in a coffer. The augmented versions replaced the base versions at all the same places during a quality of life pass in Patch 5.3. As former tome gear, this set can not be reacquired at a Calamity Salvager, but instead must be repurchased from Yolaine.
- Main article: Artifact Weapons (Heavensward) (i210)
- Main article: Augmented Tradecraft and Fieldcraft Keep Tools (i200)
- Main article: Artifact Armor (Heavensward) (i210)
- Main article: Augmented Tradecraft and Fieldcraft Keep Gear (i200)
For Stormblood, the artifact gear is directly awarded as a coffer on the level 70 Job Quests. Uniquely, it is also used as a starting point for Stormblood's Eurekan Weapons and Eurekan Armor, which are dyable. This set can be reacquired at a Calamity Salvager.
- Main article: Antiquated Artifact Weapons (Stormblood) (i290)
- Main article: Augmented King's Tools (i330)
- Main article: Antiquated Artifact Armor (Stormblood) (i290)
- Main article: Augmented Tradecraft and Fieldcraft King Gear (i330)
During Shadowbringers, the Artifact Sets are a mandatory part of the MSQ (which required completion of the Shadowbringers Role Quests for at least one role). Once a role is completed, all gear for every job in the role is unlocked at Grenoldt in The Tempest for free. The dyable version of the armor is the i480 Idealized Armor set, available via Memoria Misera (Extreme). The i430 armor itself is not upgradeable. The i430 weapons are dyable and no longer prefixed Weathered as of Patch 6.0 and the release of Endwalker. This set can be reacquired at Grenoldt if discarded.
- Main article: Artifact Weapons (Shadowbringers) (i430)
- Main article: Fiend's Tools (i440)
- Main article: Artifact Armor (Shadowbringers) (i430)
- Main article: Tradecraft and Fieldcraft Fiend Gear (i440)
With Endwalker, the Artifact Sets were again MSQ-mandatory, available via Varsarudh in Old Sharlayan for free, similar to Shadowbringers. Uniquely, this time the signature gear is equippable at level 89 and employs Item Level sync for the first time. They are made dyable by completing the Endwalker Role Quests, which is not required to receive the gear. This set can be reacquired at Varsarudh if discarded.
- Main article: Artifact Weapons (Endwalker) (i560)
- Main article: Soph's Tools (i570)
- Main article: Artifact Armor (Endwalker) (i560)
- Main article: Tradecraft and Fieldcraft Soph Gear (i570)