Before the Dawn
Before the Dawn
- Quest giver
- Coerthas Central Highlands (X:26.7, Y:17.4)
- Quest line
- Seventh Astral Era
- Previous quest
- The Parting Glass
- Next quest
- Coming to Ishgard
Lance of a Lifetime
The Breaking of Blanstyr
Form to the Formless
The Social Knitwork
Without a Trace
Wait on Me
Breaking New Ground
Call from the Clouds
Plenty More Fish in the Sea
An Exemplary Example
The Legend Continues
Better Axe Around
Sky's the Limit
On the Road Again
Strangers in a Strange Land
A Fitting Tomestone
The Green Death
- EDB GT
In times of trouble, there are few things more precious than unconditional support.
— In-game description
This quest must be completed before accessing the Heavensward Main Scenario Quests and areas.
Several cutscenes and the credits for A Realm Reborn will play in sequence after entering the intercessory. Make sure to set aside sufficient time (approximately 20 minutes) to view these scenes in their entirety.
- Speak with the House Fortemps guard.
- In times of trouble, there are few things more precious than unconditional support.
- You learn that the Dravanians renewed their assault on Ishgard in your absence, and that several wyverns broke free into the city proper. The beasts were duly slain, though not before wreaking considerable havoc, and so it comes as little surprise that your petition for asylum will not be heard until the threat to Ishgard has diminished. For the time being, Lord Haurchefant invites you and Alphinaud to join your companions in the intercessory. Speak with the knight stationed outside to gain entry, and find out who awaits you within.
- To your surprise, you find Tataru and Yugiri waiting for you in the intercessory, the refugee leader having rescued the young receptionist from Crystal Braves in Limsa Lominsa. Together, you learn, they traveled to the Waking Sands, where Urianger cast a powerful glamour to mask the presence of those taking refuge within. This small blessing is soon tempered by the realization that, aside from you and Alphinaud, every other Scion who attended the banquet remains unaccounted for. Succumbing to a fit of melancholy, Alphinaud curses himself for being blind to the traitors in his midst, and foolishly believing that he could save the world single-handedly. Seeing this, Lord Haurchefant and Tataru remind him that all is not lost─that they still have allies to whom they can turn. With these words ringing in their ears, the remnants of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn resolve to resume their journey, and seek their redemption...one step at a time.
- ※The next main scenario quest will be available from Alphinaud once you have completed the main scenario quest “Before the Dawn.”
Alphinaud: ...Who managed to escape? And what of those who did not?
Haurchefant: The intercessory awaits, [Forename]. Pray do not keep your companions in suspense. I am certain their hearts will soar at the sight of you!
House Fortemps Guard: Greetings, sir/madam. Shall I show you inside?
System: Upon proceeding to the intercessory, several cutscenes will play in sequence. System: It is recommended that you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety.
House Fortemps Guard: Proceed to the intercessory? Yes No
Tataru: Alphinaud!? [Forename]!? Is it really you? Tataru: I...I'm so happy that...that you are... <sniffle> <sob> Tataru: I tried contacting Minfilia and the others, but no one would respond... Tataru: And then Crystal Braves─our own people!─turned on us in the marketplace. Tataru: F'lhaminn told me to run, and so I did. I ran and I ran until my lungs burned and my feet ached... But I lost my way...and then...
(-???-) Fortunately, I had observed some of the Braves behaving suspiciously beforehand. Yugiri: Hm? Ah, yes, my mask─it was lost in the struggle.
Tataru: Pretty, isn't she!? Tataru: Anyway, after Yugiri found me, we traveled to Vesper Bay and met up with Urianger. When we told him what had happened, he used his magicks to weave a glamour around the Waking Sands. From the outside, our old headquarters now looks like an abandoned storehouse! Tataru: The transformation didn't take long, either. Apparently, Urianger started making preparations after the imperial attack, just in case the Empire ever chose to pay us another visit. Good thinking, eh!? Tataru: Sorry, where was I? Oh yes, so we waited there at the Waking Sands, hoping others would come...but no one else did.
Yugiri: My people are searching for the other Scions even as we speak, but we have met with no success as yet. I had hoped that you might be able to suggest further places to look. Ah, but you should know, the Rising Stones did not share the Waking Sands' good fortune. Only Crystal Braves await you there. Yugiri: Be that as it may, we yet have cause to hope, do we not? If the two of you escaped, it is not impossible that the others could have done so as well. Yugiri: You may have been forsaken by men and women believed true, but rest assured that the people of Doma yet stand with you. We welcome this opportunity to repay our debts, and shall continue our efforts to locate the others and see the Scions restored to their rightful place of honor.
(-Elidibus-) Nabriales is no more.
(-Lahabrea-) The Ardor was not his to invoke. His demise was of his own making. (-Lahabrea-) Nevertheless, it concerns me. They have...extinguished that which should rightly be eternal.
(-Elidibus-) Mayhap he was not wholly mistaken. Greater haste may be warranted.
(-Lahabrea-) We are of one mind.
(-Elidibus-) The northern lands, then?
(-Lahabrea-) The earth is fertile, and the seeds well sown. By my will, they shall reap salvation unlike any the world has known.
(-Elidibus-) By His will.
(-Lahabrea-) ...By His will.
Urianger: I have answered thy summons, Emissary. Speak and make thine intent known.
(-Elidibus-) I would speak of fate, Archon. Yours, mine─the fate of this very star.