Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Death unto Dawn"
Patch 5.5: Death unto Dawn is the final major content update introduced for Shadowbringers.
Notable Features, Additions, and Changes
- Main Story: Death unto Dawn: Part 1 (6 quests), Part 2 (3 quests) (5.55)
- Alliance Raid: The Tower at Paradigm's Breach, the final chapter of the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse story and raid series
- Dungeon: Paglth'an
- Chronicles of a New Era: The Sorrow of Werlyt final chapter
- Trials: The Cloud Deck, The Cloud Deck (Extreme)
- Faux Hollows: The Whorleater (Unreal)
- Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr: Final chapter (5.55)
- Resistance Weapons final upgrades
- Adventuring Forays: Zadnor, a new battlefield, with new skirmishes and critical engagements
- The Dalriada: New large scale assault (Maximum of 48 players)
- Resistance Rank cap increased from 15 to 25
- Ishgardian Restoration: Fêtes
- Custom Deliveries: Count Charlemend de Durendaire
System Changes and Additions
- Explorer Mode: Level 70 (Stormblood max-level) dungeons added. Level and item level sync can be disabled. Performance instruments can be used.
- New Game+: Eden, The Sorrow of Werlyt, Tales from the Shadows, YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse (5.55), Shadowbringers Part 4 - 5.4 to 5.55 main story (5.55)
- New Performance Instrument: Electric Guitar (5.55)
- The Electric Guitar is a Fender® Stratocaster® model as part of a collaboration with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- Achievement rewards can be now claimed through the Achievement UI.
- High resolution UI graphics available for the Windows version and the PS5 beta version
- World Visit: Can now visit another World from the character select screen.
- This is intended to be used if you are having trouble logging in to your current World server.
- You can not choose which World to visit; one with available space will be randomly selected automatically.
- Playstation 5 support added (May 25, 2021)
- PlayStation 5 open beta begins
- Full PlayStation 5 support (5.55)
- Arrows added to target rings to show which direction the target is facing.
- Triple Triad: Now allows one 5★ and one 4★ card, OR two 4★ cards, per deck. Previously you were only allowed one 4★ card or 5★ card.
- In the Bozjan Southern Front, players can now gain notoriety, which increases their chances of being selected for a duel.
- All notoriety is lost upon being selected for a duel.
- Delubrum Reginae now drops 3 Timeworn Artifacts per completion (5.57)
- Weekly limits removed and 10% echo added on Eden's Promise (Savage) (5.57)
- Weekly limit for Allagan Tomestone of Revelation increased to 900 (5.57)
- Tower at Paradigm's Breach added to Alliance Raid roulette (5.57)
- Weekly limits for Tower at Paradigm's Breach removed (5.58)
- Weekly limits on Blade of Lost Antiquity removed and 15% echo added on Eden's Promise (Savage) (5.58)
- Crypt Ester added to Fathard in exchange for all 3 Nier coins (5.58)
- Diamond Gwiber Trumpet added to C'intana token exchange (5.58)
Note: Not all content listed here will launch on the same day. This article is about the 5.5x season as a whole.