Fire in the Gloom
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fire in the Gloom
- Quest giver
- Mother Miounne
- New Gridania (X:11.7, Y:13.5)
- Quest line
- Seventh Umbral Era
- Previous quest
- Call of the Forest
- Next quest
- Call of the Desert
- EDB GT
Miounne is waiting to brief you on your task.
— In-game description
- Speak with the Quiverman at the entrance to the Tam–Tara Deepcroft.
- Enter the Tam–Tara Deepcroft.
- Report to Miounne.
- Miounne is waiting to brief you on your task.
- It would seem that a cult known as the Lambs of Dalamud has been engaging in suspicious activity in the Tam–Tara Deepcroft. Make your way to the burial site and ask the Quiverman posted at the entrance for further instructions.
- You learn that the Lambs of Dalamud believe in the divinity of the lesser moon whose descent ushered in the Seventh Umbral Era. Since Dalamud's apparent destruction─for which they blame the people of Eorzea─it seems they have been seeking a means to avenge their god. Purge the Deepcroft of cultists before they can put their deranged schemes into action.
- ※Challenge the Tam–Tara Deepcroft with other players via the Duty Finder, or with a party of NPCs via Duty Support. Both systems are accessible from the main menu as well as the dungeon's entrance point.
- While scouring the depths of the Tam–Tara Deepcroft, you are assailed by a vengeful spirit who had been awakened in the corse of Galvanth the Dominator. After a titanic struggle, you succeed in sending this dark being back to the abyss, thus foiling the cultists' plot. Make haste back to Gridania, and report all that has transpired to Miounne.
- Miounne reveals that death is becoming an ever more common occurrence within the adventuring fraternity. She attributes this unfortunate trend to the burgeoning demand for adventurers' services, which has allowed unprepared individuals to take on tasks which are beyond them. Confident that you will give her no cause to worry, Miounne informs you that the Adventurers' Guild in Ul'dah is recruiting. Speak with her again if you would know more.