Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lyse is in the mood for a swim.
— In-game description
- In addition to the above, choose one of the following options:
- 1 Gazelleskin Bracers of Fending
- 1 Molybdenum Armguards of Maiming
- 1 Molybdenum Armguards of Striking
- 1 Molybdenum Armguards of Scouting
- 3 Savage Aim Materia V
- Part 1: Stay hidden while following Thancred. At the end, you need to examine a gate winch and proceed. Then, follow your allies while defeating imperial soldiers along the way.
- Part 2: You will have a new skill that will pop up periodically called Aetheric Siphon. This disables Fordola's invincibility for a period of time. Use it only when Fordola has successfully created her barrier (noted by an icon change when you target her), otherwise it will be wasted. Lower her health, and eventually Lyse will help you fight her. At this point, it is recommended to stay near the center of the area so you have enough time to run for dodging AoEs. Continue fighting and be ready to use Aetheric Siphon again when Lyse calls out to you as soon as Fordola's HP reaches below 50%. She will use Final Heaven on Fordola, and the duty will end.
- Follow Lyse.
- Speak with Lyse in Loch Seld.
- Follow Lyse.
- Speak with Lyse.
- Open the gates of the Ala Mhigan Quarter.
- Head to the Resonatorium.
- Defeat Fordola rem Lupis.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- In order to gain entry to the Ala Mhigan Quarter and infiltrate the imperial research facility where Krile is being held, you and your comrades will need to find a way to circumvent the towering walls and heavy gates which surround it. Fortunately, Wiscar -- a youth from Ala Gannha whom you inspired to join the Resistance -- has surmised the existence of a tunnel connecting Loch Seld and a well within the district. The entrance to the well is secured by lock and key, but since you now have said key in your possession, you need only locate the tunnel.
- Just as you and your comrades are about to dive into the loch, Urianger makes an unexpected appearance. The Archon duly explains that after listening to Alisaie's tale of her defeat at Fordola's hands, he was inspired to fashion a new and improved aetheric siphon, which he believes will enable you to deprive the Skulls commander of her preternatural prescience. Though Urianger seems unwilling to disclose the device's precise function, you receive it gratefully, conscious that you may have need of it during the coming mission.
- Sure enough, in the depths of Loch Seld, you and your comrades locate a tunnel leading east towards the Ala Mhigan Quarter. For Thancred's sake, you pray the tunnel remains wide enough for you to pass through.
- As predicted, the tunnel connects to a well within the walls of the residential district, sealed long ago by the King of Ruin and seemingly forgotten. Before continuing, you review your plan to let the Resistance in, and rescue Krile. Stealth is, of course, the preferred approach, but once the gates are open, it will be chaos in the streets...
- The three of you pick your way through the Ala Mhigan Quarter and come at last to the great western gates. With a pull of a lever, the gates swing open, and the Resistance fighters, led by Alphinaud, pour through. As they engage the imperials, you and your fellow Scions head for the research facility where Krile is being held.
- As expected, Fordola is waiting to greet you, along with a squadron of imperial soldiers. Thankfully, however, you have come prepared. Activating Urianger's device, you watch the Skulls commander reel about in confusion, and it soon becomes clear that she can no longer anticipate your attacks. Though she is yet a fearsome opponent, you are the Warrior of Light, and after a vicious battle, you are able to subdue her and secure the facility. To your relief, you find Krile alive, albeit weak from her ordeal, and together you make ready to leave, with Fordola as your prisoner. However, the beaten officer belittles your victory, speaking of the terrible powers Zenos commands and the futility of your sacrifices. For an instant, it seems as though Lyse will succumb to her anger and execute her defenseless foe, but in the end she relents, declaring that Fordola will live long enough to see a free Ala Mhigo.
- Alphinaud is overjoyed. Krile is alive, and the Ala Mhigan District is in the hands of the Resistance. But what of Fordola's claims regarding Zenos's newfound powers? You can but hope that you will learn more before the hour of your inevitable confrontation.