Let Me Gubal That for You
Let Me Gubal That for You
Midnight Dew reckons you're the right man for the job
— In-game description
Despite the (Hard) in the name, the dungeon is not actually more difficult than any other story-mode dungeon. It is easily completed blind with the Duty Finder.
- Rendezvous with Midnight Dew at the Great Gubal Library.
- Retrieve the leather-bound tome from the Great Gubal Library (Hard).
- Deliver the leather-bound tome to Midnight Dew in Idyllshire.
- Midnight Dew reckons you're the right man for the job.
- Midnight Dew's eyes light up at your arrival. As the Roegadyn tells it, she's been charged with finding a willing and able adventurer to brave the halls of the Great Gubal Library to retrieve a certain leather-bound tome from the forbidden vaults on its uppermost floors. Complicating matters is a carelessly cast-open door, through which a host of voidsent and other unpleasant vistors have invited themselves in. Having heard the tales of your past exploits, Midnight Dew is convinced you'd be uniquely suited to sweeping the place clean and returning with the tome in question. Should you be willing to offer your services, make for the Dravanian hinterlands and rendezvous with her in front of the library's entrance.
- Heartened by your eagerness to lend your aid, Midnight Dew provides you with directions to the portal that will lead you directly to the forbidden archives. What extradimensional terrors lurk within? What is the nature of this tome that Midnight Dew's undisclosed client seeks? Will the adventure ever be the same without your stalwart, swish-swish-arooing companion Broomsy? The answers to all these questions and more lie within.
- You emerge from the halls of the Great Gubal Library with an ancient leather-bound tome in hand. Deliver it to Midnight Dew in Idyllshire, and hope that it is indeed the one her client seeks.
- Upon receiving the tome, a delighted Midnight Dew who promptly summons her heretofore-anonymous client, now revealed as Yayake, receptionist of the Thaumaturges' Guild. The bookish Lalafell swiftly confirms that the impressive volume is indeed that which she sought─to wit, a comprehensive catalogue of all the works of wisdom housed within the cavernous library's countless shelves. She further explains that recovering this index was but the first step in a grand plan to renovate the library, that it might once again serve as a center of learning for scholars the realm over. With a somewhat-concerning aside regarding destructive magicks she hopes to master with the library's resources at her disposal, she offers you her gratitude and due recompense for your efforts.