In Flagrante Delicto
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In Flagrante Delicto
- Quest giver
- New Gridania (X:12.2, Y:13.2)
- Quest line
- Seventh Astral Era
- Previous quest
- Chasing Ivy
- Next quest
- A Simple Plan
- EDB GT
Ilberd is eager to resume the pursuit of Eline Roaille.
— In-game description
- Speak with Ilberd at Sweetbloom Pier.
- Speak with Yugiri near the Hawthorne Hut.
- Speak with Yugiri at the Bramble Patch.
- Speak with Yugiri.
- Speak with Minfilia.
- Ilberd is eager to resume the pursuit of Eline Roaille.
- Thanks to the Domans' watchful eyes, you have picked up Eline Roaille's trail once again. Rejoin Ilberd at Sweetbloom Pier in the East Shroud.
- With some help from Garlond Ironworks, the Alliance has managed to install communications-jamming devices around the city-states, ensuring that Eline Roaille will have no choice but to communicate with her accomplices in person. All that remains is to catch her in the act. Make for the Hawthorne Hut with Ilberd and Yugiri to pursue your quarry.
- You arrive at the Hawthorne Hut to find that Eline Roaille has already departed for the Bramble Patch. Rendezvous with Yugiri ahead of what promises to be the dramatic conclusion of your hunt.
- With the Domans' aid, you have apprehended Eline Roaille in the act of meeting her imperial contact. Her guilt is now surely beyond dispute. Speak with Yugiri to hear her thoughts on the mission.
- Yugiri promises to attend to the aftermath of your hunt, leaving you free to report your recent adventures to Minfilia, back at the Rising Stones.
- Minfilia is shocked to learn of Eline Roaille's arrest and the accusations that have been brought against her. Setting aside her dismay, she informs you that the Scions have made progress in their quest to gain entry into Iceheart's sanctum.
Ilberd: Our hunt leads us to the East Shroud, Scion. I suggest we follow Roaille's example and take the ferry from Westshore Pier. Ilberd: You'll doubtless wish to make certain preparations. See to them while I go on ahead. I shall wait for you at Sweetbloom Pier.
Yugiri: This way, my friends. Yugiri: Your quarry makes for the Hawthorne Hut. Yugiri: If Roaille is truly the one we seek, we can expect that she means to make contact with her Garlean masters there.
Ilberd: An explanation is in order. You are no doubt aware that the Garleans have their own method of communicating over great distances. Ilberd: Well, our ingenious friends at Garlond Ironworks have provided us with devices which disrupt these communications, and we have installed them around the city–states. In so doing, we have made it difficult for imperial agents to correspond with their masters. Ilberd: Roaille would thus have no choice but to rendezvous with her imperial contact directly. Yet, as a well-known face in the Immortal Flames, she cannot move about Thanalan without being recognized. It would only be a matter of time before someone saw through her disguise.
If the player is Elezen
Ilberd: 'Tis for this reason, I believe, that she has chosen the Black Shroud for her clandestine meeting. This place is home to many of your kind, and the arrival of one more Elezen is not like to turn any heads.
Ilberd: 'Tis for this reason, I believe, that she has chosen the Black Shroud for her clandestine meeting. The Elezen are a common sight here, and her comings and goings are not like to turn any heads.
Yugiri: As my scouts tell it, the Garleans have sent agents with a mind to destroy the devices and render such direct contact unnecessary. Fortunately, our shinobi have thus far been successful in rebuffing their efforts.
Ilberd: ...This is it. We need only make for Hawthorne's Hut and catch Roaille in the act. Ilberd: If Roaille was here, she is no more. We have no choice but to continue the pursuit.
Yugiri: My people report that our quarry has departed for the Bramble Patch.
Ilberd: The Ivy returns to the gnarls whence she came... But perhaps it is all for the better. Ilberd: To convict someone of her standing, we will require damning evidence against her. What could be better than to catch her in the act when she meets with her Garlean masters?
Yugiri: My countrymen and I shall lie in wait in the shadows. Tread warily, my friends. Yugiri: Even a warrior of Roaille's renown could not have hoped to escape by force. Despite her claims, her surrender does not bespeak innocence, but an awareness that her position is untenable. Yugiri: With the Ivy thus uprooted, it is to be hoped that the tendrils she entwined around the Immortal Flames will gradually wither and die. Yugiri: Mayhap then the people of Ul'dah will have the Grand Company they deserve. But let us speak of the present. If I may ask, what will you do now, [Forename]? Yugiri: ...So the Scions seek a way into Iceheart's sanctum. Yugiri: Then I daresay you are eager to return to the Rising Stones. Pray do not let me keep you. Yugiri: Fear not─my countrymen and I shall tend to the aftermath. You need not waste your talents here.
If the player has unlocked Rogue
Yugiri: And speaking of talents, you have been training in the art of the shinobi, have you not? The change in your bearing is quite evident─to me, at least. I look forward to seeing you in action. Till next time, my friend.
Yugiri: And speaking of talents, have you considered training in the art of the shinobi? You have the aptitude for it, I believe, so please give it some thought. Till next time, my friend.
Minfilia: Welcome back, [Forename]. I understand that Alphinaud had a task for you. May I ask what it was? Minfilia: Charges of treason and espionage against Eline Roaille? I can scarce believe it... Minfilia: Could there not have been some manner of misunderstanding...? Minfilia: No, it avails us naught to dwell on it. Whatever the truth may be, we must trust to the authorities to uncover it. Minfilia: Let us speak of another matter. I am pleased to report that we have made progress in our efforts to find a way into Iceheart's sanctum...