Eggsaltation of a Lark
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eggsaltation of a Lark
Nonotta looks around as if she is waiting for a miracle.
※This quest is available for a limited time only.
— In-game description
- Speak with Jihli.
- Inquire about the spriggan in Old Gridania.
- Inquire about the spriggan in New Gridania.
- Report to Jihli.
- Inquire about the spriggan in Bentbranch Meadows.
- Nonotta looks around as if she is waiting for a miracle.
- ※This quest is available for a limited time only.
- Nonotta informs you that while the festival is going splendidly, the Hatching Hour has yet to arrive. Puzzled as to why there has been no sign of the Archons' gift and noting Jihli's somewhat disappointed expression, she requests that you ask the Hatching–tide founder if there were any details of the dream that she forgot to mention.
- ※Please note that you will be unable to complete this quest after the seasonal event has ended. For details, please check the Lodestone.
- Like her assistant, Jihli cannot help but wonder what could be missing from the festival, until Nonotta rushes over and exclaims that the egg chosen for the Hatching Ceremony has been stolen by a spriggan. Though annoyed at first, Jihli has a sudden revelation: the egg hunt in her dream was for a single egg. Excited, she declares that the true hunt has begun, and asks you to help her find the thieving spriggan.
- The gatekeeper of the Blue Badger Gate in New Gridania tells you that he did indeed let a lone spriggan through, thinking that it was taking Hatching–tide decorations to Bentbranch. Hurry back to Old Gridania and tell Jihli where the spriggan is headed.
- Jihli implores you to give chase and states that she will join you after she instructs the Dreamers to assemble and prepare for the ceremony at the amphitheatre. Make for Bentbranch Meadows.
- In Bentbranch Meadows, Keitha confirms that a spriggan passed by, struggling to carry an enormous egg, which he then laid carefully in the stables before taking a long nap and departing the Shroud. Jihli beseeches Keitha to return the egg, explaining the importance of decorating and displaying it for Hatching–tide. The head wrangler refuses, however, asserting that chocobo eggs are extremely delicate─a statement which surprises and confuses the two Dreamers. Recalling the unusual size and warmth of that egg, Nonotta realizes her mistake and apologizes. Keitha then invites everyone to witness the hatching for themselves, and afterwards, as the two Dreamers fuss over the newborn baby chocobo, Jilhi has another epiphany: the gold-colored feathers of the bird must have been the “golden treasure” of which she dreamt. While not entirely accurate (and lacking the proper audience she envisioned), both Jihli and Nonotta concur that the prophecy has been fulfilled, bringing them one step closer to the Archons' descent. With the Hatching Hour complete, Jihli declares the Archons' message cause to rejoice, and returns to Gridania to continue the celebration.