Ceremony of Eternal Bonding
The Ceremony of Eternal Bonding is the marriage system in A Realm Reborn. Revealed at E3 2014 and introduced in patch 2.45, any two players can show their devotions to each other by getting married or "Eternal Bonded." Players can marry whoever they want, regardless of gender, race, region, or allegiance. Married players will not only have a memorable ceremony with their friends but also receive special commemorative items depending on their Plans.
The main in-game utility of a Ceremony of Eternal Bonding is that player will be able to teleport to their partner with their Eternity Rings.
Once Bonded, players can divorce by speaking to the Sanctum Acolyte.
Players can register for a Ceremony of Eternal Bonding on the Final Fantasy XIV Online Store.
- Players must have at least one class at level 50.
- Players must first complete the main scenario quest The Scions of the Seventh Dawn.
- Players must form a party of two with their partners.
- Players and their partners must both be in the East Shroud.
- Players and their partners must equip themselves with Promise Wristlets. Players can acquire the wristlets in the Final Fantasy XIV Online Store. Promise Wristlets are unique but can be traded, allowing one player to purchase a wristlet, trade it to their partner, then purchase a matching wristlet for themselves.
- When purchasing Promise Wristlets from the Online Store, players should ensure they choose the same plan as their partner. If plans mismatch, the lower plan will be chosen (e.g. if one player has chosen the Standard Plan and the other player has chosen the Platinum Plan, the Standard Plan will be chosen). Neither player will receive items exclusive to a higher tier plan in such a case, and additional ceremony options from a higher tier plan will not be available when planning the ceremony.
Players must reserve a time slot for the ceremony and are able to send out 40 guest invitations per player.
Standard Ceremonies are free.
Few Ceremony decoration, cutscene and music choices.
Gold Ceremonies cost $10 / £5.75 / €7 / ¥1100 per player or ($20 / £11.50 / €14 / ¥2200 total).
More Ceremony decoration, cutscene and music choices.
Ability to book your wedding slot 1 hour ahead of Standard couples.
Platinum Ceremonies cost $20 / £11.50 / €14 / ¥2200 per player or ($40 / £23 / €28 / ¥4400 total).
Eternity Ring, Garments of Passion (Dyable), Garments of Devotion (Dyable with special details), Ceremony Chocobo (2-seat mount), Eternity Cake, Embrace, new hairstyles, Demon Box and Bridesmoogle for up to 80 guests.
The most Ceremony decoration, cutscene and music choices.
Ability to book your wedding slot 1 hour ahead of Gold couples and 2 hours ahead of Standard couples.
You can schedule the time and date of the ceremony by talking to Etoinelle at Chapel entrance.
Registration times are different depending on the level of your Plan. Registration for Platinum couples begin on Friday 1AM PST (4AM EST), Gold couples begin on Friday 2AM PST (5AM EST) and Standard couples begin on Friday 3AM PST (6AM EST).
Each venue reservation is for a 2 hour block. Players can register for up to 2 weeks ahead of the ceremony.
Ceremony of Eternal Bonding
The Lover's Kiss (Choir Moogle), The Spinner's Hand (Officiant of the Graces), and The Solemn Oath (Officiant of the Vows). Each is presided over by a different officiant, who brings a distinct feel to the proceedings.
Players have the choices of decorating their venues. Standard has a single option, Gold has 3 options and Platinum has 5.
Procession and Recession
- Enter the Ivory Chapel on foot.
- Enter the Ivory Chapel seated upon an enchanted gondola.
- Leave the Ivory Chapel on foot.
- Leave the Ivory Chapel riding a chocobo.
Gold and Platinum couples can change procession cutscenes.
Gold and Platinum couples can make changes to the ceremony music.
Day of the Ceremony
Guests must have the invitation in your inventory to attend the Ceremony.
When the scheduled time for your ceremony arrives, both you and your partner, along with any guests in attendance, may enter the venue by speaking with Etoinelle. Please be reminded that only those who possess an invitation may attend the ceremony. This requirement also extends to you and your partner, who must be in possession of your blank invitations.
Please be warned that the ceremony will be postponed if both you and your partner do not finalize wedding preparations in the dressing room within 20 minutes (Earth time) of the doors opening.
During the ceremony, you and your partner will receive eternity rings in exchange for your promise wristlets. On the day of the ceremony, please ensure that you have your blank invitation, your wristlet, and one free slot in your inventory. If you are unable to receive your eternity ring, the ceremony will be postponed and you will be required to reschedule.
Upon arriving at the venue, you and your partner will be shown to separate dressing rooms to attire yourself and finalize the ceremony plan.
The ceremony proper will commence no later than 40 minutes (Earth time) into the two-hour reservation.
Although the venue is reserved for two hours, the ceremony may conclude earlier.
After you and your partner have finalized the ceremony plan in your respective dressing rooms, you will have another 20 minutes (Earth time) before the ceremony commences. If you do not wish to wait however, you may begin immediately by ringing the eternity bell.
The dressing room is the last place where you may attire yourself prior to the ceremony. Please ensure that your appearance is as you desire ahead of time.
The ceremony will proceed as follows:
- You and your partner will make your entrance.
- An address is given to guests in attendance.
- The blessing and exchange of rings.
Ordinarily, the ceremony will proceed through its stages at a predetermined pace. If both you and your partner ring the eternity bell, however, you may move to the next stage without waiting.
After the exchange of rings, the reception will begin, during which time you, your partner, and your guests may mingle.
Please note that the ceremony requires a maximum of two hours (Earth time) from start to finish.
Anniversary was introduced in patch 4.4.
- Players may only reaccept this quest on or after the day of their anniversary.
- Players may only undertake this quest for their anniversary once per year.
Registering an Anniversary
- In the event a player and their partner are in different time zones, it is possible their anniversaries may be set to different dates.
Confirming Anniversary Dates
Players can speak with Hawu Bajihri at any time to confirm the date of their anniversary. A one-time notification will also be sent to players the next time they enter the East Shroud or any of the following areas on or after the day of their anniversary:
Reaccepting the Quest
When reaccepting the quest The Ties That Bind, players will start from the ceremony planning stage of the quest. Furthermore, players will have access to all options available to the platinum plan, regardless of the plan selected for their first ceremony.
- Players will not receive new ceremonial garments, eternity rings, ceremony chocobo whistles, Jandelaine's tokens, or magicked prisms (heart).
- See also: Ceremony Outfitter
|Item||Icon||Level||Item Level||Requirement||Slot||Defense||Magic Defense||Materia Slots||Stats and Attributes|
|Promise of Innocence||1||1||Any class||Bracelets||0||0||0|
|Promise of Innocence (Standard)||50||1||Any class||Bracelets||0||0||0|
|Promise of Passion||1||1||Any class||Bracelets||0||0||0|
|Promise of Passion (Gold)||50||1||Any class||Bracelets||0||0||0|
|Promise of Devotion||1||1||Any class||Bracelets||0||0||0|
|Promise of Devotion (Platinum)||50||1||Any class||Bracelets||0||0||0|
|Eternity Ring||1||1||Any class||Ring||0||0||0|